Three more venues in Sydney`s east, inner west and south west were reportedly closed for cleaning after positive COVID-19 cases came into contact with them. Health issued a public health alert for patrons and staff of Harpoon and Hotel Harry in Surry Hills, Tan Viet in Cabramatta and Matinee Coffee in Marrickville. 

One case attended Harpoon and Hotel Harry on July 26, from 2:15pm to 11:00pm, a day after eating at The Apollo in Potts Points.

Another person who ate at the Tan Viet in Cabramatta on July 23, from midday to 2:00pm is linked to the funeral gatherings cluster.

New South Wales Health warned anyone who was at the hotel for two hours during that time period and anyone who attended Tan Viet must self-isolate, get tested and isolate for 14 days, even if the test was negative.

Another confirmed case attended Matinee Coffee in Marrickville on July 26, between 8:00am and 9:00am and on July 27, between 7:00am to 7:45am.

People who were there at the same times are advised to self-isolate and seek testing if they develop symptoms. The latest cases come as Woolworths announced customers at its stores across New South Wales would be "strongly encouraged" to wear face coverings from Monday. The request applies to Woolworths Supermarkets, BIG W, Dan Murphy's and BWS stores.

Meanwhile, Sydneysiders are rushing to cross the Queensland border before they're locked out this weekend. The number of new COVID-19 cases in New South Wales remained relatively steady as of recently, with 18 fresh infections identified in the last 24hours.

However, in a statement, New South Wales Health said it was still investigating the source of six of those. It said two were linked to the funeral gatherings cluster in south-west Sydney, four were linked to the Thai Rock cluster in Wetherill Park, and four were associated with the The Apollo restaurant in Potts Point. The remaining two were returned overseas travelers in hotel quarantine. The Apollo restaurant in Potts Point is being scrubbed today.

New South Wales Health said it found an asymptomatic case this morning at Parklea Correction Centre, who had since been placed in isolation while contact tracing was underway. Gym Fitness First also said it closed its St Leonards club for cleaning after health authorities confirmed a person with COVID-19 visited on Monday, July 27. New South Wales Health said a suspected COVID-19 case at Fort Street High School in Sydney's inner west has been confirmed as negative. The school has been cleaned and on-site learning will definitely resume on Friday.

The new figures come after Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszcuk on Wednesday declared 31 local government areas, which comprise Greater Sydney, as COVID-19 hotspots. Flight prices sky-rocketed after Ms Palaszcuk announced the ban from 1:00am on Saturday. A one-way Qantas flight from Sydney to Brisbane was selling for more than $1,600, while Virgin Airlines and Jetstar have completely sold out on the same route.

However, an inflated price for a flight home was still cheaper than the cost of a mandatory hotel which travelers would have to pay out of their own pocket, for $2,800 per adult. Many people had plans to fly in home to Queensland at the weekend, but moved their flights forward to avoid quarantine. Many of them, unfortunately, had to pay a bit extra to try to get on the available flight. Numerous websites boomed with many people in a bid to secure a flight and which saw their searches resulting in seats being completely booked out within minutes.

New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian said she was unaware of the decision to declare Greater Sydney a COVID-19 hotspot before it was announced. Ironically, Sydney were actually welcoming travelers on behalf of Queensland and Western Australia and the other states who closed their borders to them, keeping their citizens in quarantine before they went back to their home state. But now with the Victorian outbreak, clearly things have changed.It's no wonder people have begun asking the question, where to buy n95 masks?

The ban comes as three women from Queensland returned after travelling interstate from Melbourne, with police alleging they "went to extraordinary lengths" to hide their travel history. Queensland today confirmed three new cases, with two of those returning Queenslanders who dined at Sydney's Apollo restaurant, who self-isolated on their return.

With the growing number of cases in the area, NSW Health is again asking all people who live in or have visited the Potts Point area in the past two weeks to get tested if they have any symptoms of COVID-19 at all, even the mildest of symptoms such as a runny nose or scratchy throat.

NSW Health advises that a case attended the 8 am Mass at St Patrick’s Cathedral in Parramatta on Sunday 19 July. People who attended this mass are advised to monitor for symptoms and seek testing if they develop symptoms.

NSW Health advises that a child, now diagnosed with COVID-19, attended school at Bayanami Public School in Parramatta one day while infectious on Friday 24 July. The school is non-operational while deep cleaning and contact tracing are underway. Close contacts will be identified and required to self-isolate for 14 days from Friday 24 July.

There are now 85 cases associated with Thai Rock Wetherill Park, 57 cases associated with the Crossroads Hotel cluster, eight cases associated with Batemans Bay Soldiers Club, and 18 associated with the funerals. There are seven cases associated with the Potts Point cluster.

Anyone feeling unwell – even with the mildest of symptoms such as a runny nose or scratchy throat – must seek testing and self-isolate until they get the result. Stay at home, and do not go to work or catch public transport until you are cleared of COVID-19. 

Aviation issues

A cap of 450 international arrivals on a daily basis which was once set aside has its revision underway due to the escalation in the number of cases.