With the World affected by the coronavirus, the demand for masks has gone up like never seen before. All countries have passed various laws that force their citizens to own at least 2 masks and have one on them at all times. However, with the demand that everyone must have a mask at all times, the issue we face now is the type of masks been sold that do not offer any protection at all. At times you can walk on the street and notice another citizen walk around with a cloth wrapped around their mouth. The types of masks sold in the market should be regulated by the health officials to ensure that everyone is safe.
The highly recommended mask is the n95 respirator mask. It offers more protection than a typical surgical mask because n95 masks are manufactured to filter out small particles when the individual wearing it inhales. The mask is designed to block 95% of all small particles from passing through the filter layer. As some n95 respirators have breathing valves to make it easy when breathing. The masks can be bought online and delivered to your residence. Most stores do sell the masks at a relatively fair price.
5 steps to decontaminating your n95 mask
Now after you bought your n95 mask from any online store, keeping it decontaminated is the next step. There are many ways we can do that. In this here article, we will look at 5 ways that can be done:
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after putting on and taking off your mask.
- When the mask has been worn throughout the day, the user must clean the mask with warm running water. This will ensure that sweat and mouth fluids from the user and other people are removed. The mask will be against the face and will also accumulate dirt from the dead skin cells. This washing must be done thoroughly
- After cleaning with warm running water, the user must scrub the mask with an alcohol-based sanitizer with a 70% alcohol concentration. This will ensure that any microorganisms are killed by the alcohol. Not just the coronavirus, but also other bacteria that finds it way around the mask.
- If required, you can place the mask in the washing machine.
- Place the m95 mask outside so that it dries up.
Having at least 3 masks is recommended medically.
There is so much happening in the world right now. Antivirus that is come upon us is very unpredictable hence mistakes might have fatal consequences, you therefore need to be very careful when it comes to the decisions you make about masks as this might save your life.
There are however available pharmacies that might help you with your problem. When buying an N95, make sure that you can verify the serial number on the box from somewhere. In the case of M3, you can go onto their MP3 website on the safeguard page and put in the serial codes to see if your mask is authentic before you buy it.